Clear & Green Glass Pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

I jave a few more pieces I need to identify. Probably will be posting quite a few pieces over the next few weeks. I picked a dozen large boxes of glass pieces at an auction last week and i will need help with a lot of them.

1. Green plates 12 sided edge with an etching. measure 7 3/8" in diameter.

2. Green sugar and creamer with floral cutting. Creamer measures 4" yall and is 3 1/8" wide, sugar dish is 3 3/8" tall and is 3 1/8" wide.

3. Clear glass butter dish, feels like cut glass. Measures 6" tall and is 8" wide.

DSCF5382 - Copy.JPG DSCF5383 - Copy.JPG DSCF5384 - Copy.JPG DSCF5377 - Copy.JPG DSCF5378 - Copy.JPG DSCF5379 - Copy.JPG DSCF5380 - Copy.JPG DSCF5394 - Copy.JPG DSCF5396 - Copy.JPG

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Your green cream and sugar were produced in the first h alf of the 20th century, the grey cutting is about as generic as you can find, could have been done by anyone with a cutting wheel. Your crystal butter dish may be McKee's cane pattern, (ca. 1900) but it could have been others, too.
    Someone more conversant with 20th century glass will have to help with your Etched green plates.

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

The green plates look to be Fostoria's Versailles pattern, in the salad plate size.

4. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Agreed, definitely Fostoria's Versailles pattern

SBSVC likes this.
  5. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks to everybody, the plates are definitely Versailles etch. The cheese/butter dish looks like it could be Mckee's Cane/Hobnail. Still looking for the sugar & creamer set.

SBSVC likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to disagree with Tom, but I do not think this is McKee.
    I think this is ABP - Cut glass. McKee was pressed glass.

The pattern is a cane and hobnail.

7. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

If that is cut, it is NOT McKee. These old eyes get fooled occasionally.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  8. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

DSCF3248 - Copy.JPG DSCF3249 - Copy.JPG thanks clutteredclosert, as i said in my original post this does feel like cut glass, I was able to track down more information on the Mckee cane and the knob handle and base shape are completely different I actually have what Looks to be a McKee can dish stored away in another box and took a couple of photos.

Draft saved Draft deleted