Clear Pressed Glass Scalloped Punch Cup - probably 1950s

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Feb 27, 2020.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Have had no luck iding this clear pressed glass punch cup. Hopefully someome will know the maker and/or pattern. It stands 2-1/2" tall and measures 3-1/8 february 16 2020 021.JPG february 16 2020 022.JPG february 16 2020 023.JPG " wide at the scalloped rim. It has vertical embossed ribs on the sides.

Any help is much appreciated.
    TIA
    Kathy

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

3. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi Flipper,
    Thanks so much for your reply and the link. Those do look similar but I can't see the scalloped rim. Am I missing it? They didn't mention a maker either.

4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

They were made in different molds, the handles are different, on yours the ribs go to the top, on the others, the ribs stop before the edge and the others are 3" wide, not 3 1/8. Probably a different manufacturer.

i need help likes this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

check 'Celestial' by Federal glass c1960s

i need help likes this.
  6. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tallcakes. You nailed it. I did think it might be a "rayed" pattern but never thought of Celestial. All the helpers on your site are the best! TIA

Draft saved Draft deleted