Clear stemmed pedestaled juice or wine glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Sep 27, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I found this clear stemmed footed juice or wine glass inside a cardboard cylindered barrel. I have not been able to identify it through my research. The dimensions are 2 1/4" top diameter x 2 1/4" bottom diameter x 5 1/8" height. Near the middle of the bottom of the pedestal is the word France. I would like some help with company and pattern. Thank you for your help in this request. Rob
    IMG_6491small.JPG IMG_6493small.JPG

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Rob - J.G Durand/Cristal d'Arques/Arcoroc produces quite of bit of everyday glass. I would check them first. There is nothing distinctive about the shape so it may be difficult to find an exact match.
    Don

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hi Don! Rob mentioned in a related thread that these glasses were in the mover's boxes and unopened since 1976. Have either of those companies been around that long?

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Good question, Bakersgma. I wish I knew the history. The interrelationship between the companies has always been a bit vague for me. I have a large collection of Cristal D'Arques Longchamps pattern but am unsure just when I started to acquire it - most likely the early 1980's. One of our European and/or glass friends may know a bit more.
    Don

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Durand has been around for a LONG time. That wine glass is a very common one, usually for commercial purposes. My dad's golf club bought hundreds of them in the seventies. Of almost no worth, I'm afraid.

Bakersgma and dgbjwc like this.
  7. rknarr2

8. rknarr2

Thank you for the example and I figured it was not worth it. Rob

9. rknarr2

Insightful question. Good question to ask. Thank you. Rob

10. rknarr2

I remember in my research that I took some pictures of Cristal D'Arques glassware. It has a sticker on it. Had something about the company name and the % of lead. Rob

11. rknarr2

Spot on with difficulty to find match. Appreciate the leads. Rob

12. rknarr2

Is Bakersgma a glass company? Thank you. Rob

13. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

No, Bakersgma is another member. See second post above.
    Don

Bakersgma likes this.
  14. Bakersgma

:hilarious: Oh my god. I needed a good laugh tonight.

15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's the history of ARC brands which will give you date information. But please know yours is an inexpensive, mass produced wine glass -- evidenced by the "Libby lip" -- and may not warrant much time spent on research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_International#Luminarc

Debora

16. rknarr2

Whops, -1 for me. I suppose a 99 is still good. Haha. Thank you for clearing that up for me. Rob

dgbjwc likes this.
  17. rknarr2

Sorry for the mistake in identity. Rob

Bakersgma likes this.
  18. rknarr2

Thank you for the information. I know I have seen 2nd, 3rd and 4th names while I have been going through my mom's boxes of glass ware with her. Rob

19. Bakersgma

No problem, Rob. It gave me a good laugh I really needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted