Clip-on earrings, prong set rhinestones. Who? When?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by moreotherstuff, May 11, 2016.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

No marks, of course. Any idea who might have made these, or when? They are well done and don't look very old to me. That little bit of chain made me think '80s?

JewellryClipOnEarringsProngSetBlueAquaPurpleRhinestonesChainGoldTonedMetal-a.jpg

JewellryClipOnEarringsProngSetBlueAquaPurpleRhinestonesChainGoldTonedMetal-b.jpg

JewellryClipOnEarringsProngSetBlueAquaPurpleRhinestonesChainGoldTonedMetal-c.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  2. Kingjoker

Kingjoker Well-Known Member

Juliana earrings?

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I don't think they're D&E. The big stones are all wrong and the construction doesn't look right. They might be from the tail end of production though; I'm not as up on stuff made in the 70s or later. This site has some images of characteristics of D&E.
    http://www.agedandopulentjewelry.com/pages/JulianaJewelry.htm

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I'd like to think D&E. Been a while since I went through that site. I'll have to wait until I'm on a faster machine to go through it. Thanks for the input.

Have you seen a stone like that large one before? Sort of teal blue in the center and purple around the edge? I can't tell if the color is in the glass, or on it, or under it.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If the color is under, they're not D&E for sure. In the stone, they'd get called Cuba or Kreol rhinestones. Those might even be acrylic, which again would mean they were made by someone else.

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I'm reasonably certain they're glass.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I just took this picture. I don't know if (or what) it adds to the conversation:
    JewellryClipOnEarringsProngSetBlueAquaPurpleRhinestonesChainGoldTonedMetal-e.jpg

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

9. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

10. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

That's for that. It's very encouraging. Both those listing seem to show stones with the same treatment as on these earrings. Do you think the multi-pronged settings for the smaller AB accents work against these being D&E?

11. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I know they used them but I'm not sure. When the D & E website was set up for confirmations, I submitted a few pieces and was surprised by some that were confirmed and some that were not.

If you look on the earring link below, there are other earrings with your large colored center stone and several similar earrings in the style of your earrings but the construction on the back is different, although I didn't look at every single photo. The clips look right. So you have color and clips and style going for you.

12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's promising anyhow. If I list, it will probably be with a strong but unconfirmed attribution.

Thanks again!

Draft saved Draft deleted