Clock Maker Oil Painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by JTR, Jun 24, 2020.

1. JTR

JTR Member

20200624_173609.jpg 20200624_173737.jpg 20200624_173737.jpg Hello fellow antiquers! I purchased this painting today and cannot find the artist online. I bought it for my home as I love the artwork and am a tinkerer myself.

I have no idea about anything to do with this piece. If you have any suggestions or information, I would love to hear from you!

Thank you kindly,

Jon

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    judy and Aquitaine like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi JTR,can we see a picture of the back ? And a clear one of the signature ?

Christmasjoy, Debora and JTR like this.
  4. JTR

JTR Member

Thank you for the reply @johnnycb09. Let me get that for you. I am having a hard time uploading quality photos but I will try and figure it out.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. JTR

JTR Member

I am not sure what I am doing yet within this forum but will try my best to navigate.

judy likes this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

An appealing subject, but the statute of the figure looks odd, as though it was painted by a non-painter of a different nationality in another country. The frame leads me to believe: China.

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

agree with @antidiem, most likely Chinese.

judy, Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

If using your phone, email the pictures to yourself as medium, save them then post from there.

Pictures need to be 1MB or 600x800

antidiem likes this.
  10. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely two different artists' paintings, thanks Deborah.

@JTR , there are painting "factories" in China that crank out genuine oil paintings. They are often framed just like yours has been framed..

11. lizjewel

lizjewel Well-Known Member

12. JTR

JTR Member

I will provide a photograph of the back first chance I get. Thanks for the help with this!

Draft saved Draft deleted