Cobalt Blue Pitcher- hand blown

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Slykitty65, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

I have a cobalt blue pitcher needing maker ID which looks to be hand blown. There are no markings, it has ruff jagged pontil bottom and applied handles. Its size and style look similar to the Fenton stretch glass juice pitcher #215, but it's not iridized with another color. It has fine cobalt/clear swirls around when held in the light. Is the same width 4.5" at top to bottom with a 1/4" spout. Overall circumference is 15.5". Height 8", handle 4.5" long by 2.5" wide. Extremely heavy. Any help appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

Aquitaine and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the board.

I see nothing to indicate that this might be Fenton.
    My first inclination is Mexican. Too many air bubbles. But it may be imported from somewhere else. Reminds me of Summer Stock items from department/gift stores.
    Sitting by the pool with a pitcher of cold something.

Wait for other opinions.

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I do agree with Cluttered.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous colour.
    My first impression is also Mexican, the almost relaxed way it is made, and the bubbles.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Yeah Mexico the stuff from China is better done.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

LOVE that color, but that's all I can add about it!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Slykitty65 likes this.
  7. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Welcome SK.

Slykitty65 likes this.
  8. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

Thank you, I was wondering about it being an import but older one because of the handblown pontil mark being ruff and not ground like those of the modern glass houses.

9. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

IMG-4610a.jpg Sorry, I am new and I think I lost the post I wrote by it timing out. Thank you for the responses!
    The design, size similar to mine and Shetlar's website says that Fenton did make a cobalt blue called Royal Blue, but they had no photos of it. http://www.shetlarglass.com/stretchglass/SGCompanies/Fenton/Fenton01.htm
    So was a curious kitty wondering if it could have been one in Royal Blue since the style design is very close, but not stretch glass maybe? But, I did see the Mexico ones but the handle application looks different on mine.
    Thank you everyone!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    judy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted