Featured Cobalt Glass Chamberstick - H in a square?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Jan 24, 2021.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Help! I've had this a while, initially thought Heisey then realized the H is in a square, not a diamond. So whodunnit, pretty please? @TallCakes @Cherryhill this might be in your wheelhouses? Sorry the first pic is so dark, it's why I held the thing up in front of the window! Second pic is for pattern, last is blurry mark. Thanks!

Linda

Cobalt Chamberstick (2).JPG Cobalt Chamberstick (7).JPG Cobalt Chamberstick (8).JPG

TallCakes, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Perhaps Heisey Glass?

Bronwen likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sure looks like it. H in a diamond. (like I know what I'm talking about, but I've run into Heisey.)

4. lvetterli

That was my first inclination, but looking for Heisey marks, the diamond is quite elongated rather than a regular square rotated a quarter turn. Perhaps it is Heisey, just from a different time?

Linda

5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

this from chatabout:
    "Holder made in Taiwan. It has been sold in crystal and various colors by A.A. Importing, Castle Antiques, and other import firms since at least 1982. Some are marked with a Diamond H, which was removed from the mold when the Heisey Collectors of America threatened to sue."

Glass Etch and Pattern Gallery (chataboutdg.com)

Heisey mark

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    dgbjwc, patd8643, johnnycb09 and 5 others like this.
  6. lvetterli

Thanks, @TallCakes ! I'm so glad to know, I don't want to discover I've called something what it isn't!

Linda

SBSVC, TallCakes and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted