Coin Talk Question

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by NanaB, Apr 29, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

I think Davey & Peter have done as much as they can.Are there any Coin Clubs in your area-why not attend a meeting and have the gang look at some of your pieces ?

Joe in PA likes this.
  2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion! Just wanted to join and enjoy the conversations here. Hopefully they can get some more help running the forum and the large amount of effort I'm sure it entails.

3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I've tried to send an email to Peter about this problem and low and behold my Hotmail will not send it, I've tried several other recipients and it appears hotmail is down right now so I will try later.

Figtree3 and Joe in PA like this.
  4. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Thank you davey!

5. bosko69

Thanks Davey.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I hope everybody who wants to join Coin Talk can do so very soon.

This may not be related, but Google has been tightening security in gmail accounts for the past year or so.
    https://blog.google/products/gmail/gmail-security-authentication-spam-protection/

If any of you are using gmail accounts to sign up, there is a chance that messages from the Coin Talk server may not reach you. I don't think that explains the screen that @Joe in PA showed, but maybe?

I experienced problems with this change made to gmail. A friend of mine has a small business. His personal and business email accounts (and website) all run through a tech company that caters to businesses. I also do some research for him. Unfortunately, the setup of my friend's email did not meet Google's new requirements and suddenly my friend was unable to send messages to me. For some reason, he can send them to one of my gmail accounts, as long as he doesn't attach very large files. He can't send to my second gmail account at all. Very odd. He can still share files with me on Google Drive, but that's it. Frustrating!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Hi Fig, no my son set up my email not using google. I have one just it’s never used. He also tried setting it up for me ( I am so not tech savvy) to no avail. Hopefully it will be fixed what ailes it! But thank you for that info I have been emailing somethings for a friend who is dyslexic from my Gmail & it may explain why it wasn’t going through.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Maybe! But I got the impression they are blocking things coming *into* gmail accounts, not out of them. On the other hand, maybe if you send several big files that might trigger the security.

NanaB likes this.
  9. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Who knows, not me. In a world of technological advances, this is above my pay grade. When we became empty nesters my 1st thought oh no there goes my tech helper.

Figtree3 likes this.
  10. Joe in PA

Tried again, same server error on registration "A Server Error Occurred. Please try again later".

There may be a server log file that can be examined to see what the errors we are seeing are being caused by.

I used the "Contact Us" link there to send a message describing the problem. Will report back if I get any response.

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

When I reply to emails sent via Gmail, I get a message saying my reply has been identified as spam and blocked, regardless of the original message or the content of the reply.

Figtree3 likes this.
  12. Joe in PA

Yes I’ve noticed that in the past also so I switched over to a non-Gmail address. The message I sent was through the website, so hopefully it gets through

Figtree3 and moreotherstuff like this.
  13. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Joe- my email was is not gmail either.

Figtree3 likes this.
  14. bosko69

My Email address is so old it's pre-Yahoo.I've also got a G-Mail but all I get on it are Google sales pitches.

Figtree3 likes this.
  15. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

My highly tech kid takes care of setting up email, tv, phones, laptops etc. he tried as well.

Figtree3 likes this.
  16. Joe in PA

Thought I would bump this thread. Any way to send an email to the Coin Talk moderators/site manager?

Still impossible to sign up and have tried multiple browsers, email addresses, operating systems, devices, passwords, etc. Same "Server Error" every time.

17. daveydempsey

I've sent a message with a link to this thread to the head mod over on CoinTalk.

18. Joe in PA

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  19. daveydempsey

Here's the answer. :depressed:

Howdy Dave -

I've responded to this same question/issue here on CT many times in the Support and Feedback section. Short and sweet I don't have any answers or solutions I can give you.

As I tried to explain in the long post that you copied to the the thread you linked to me in your message there are hundreds maybe thousands of different reasons why some people experience this problem. While tens of thousands of others have no problem at all. As you mentioned yourself in the thread on Antiquers, CT has new members registering every single day, and they don't have any problems doing so.

Doug

20. bosko69

Joe-If you have a second Email account,you can try registering with that.That's what I'm going to do-my old email (used for this site),seems to be permanently verboten,& I've tried many times.

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted