COLORED RELIGOUS DRAWING - TOOK OUT OF FRAME TO CHECK AGE; HAS SHRINK WRAP ON IT?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 9, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a yard sale last week & yesterday decided to open the frame & see if it had any age - I didn't know if it was done by a child or a old master - and found it had a plastic like texture - and immediately figured it was some kind of poster.
    But I was able to lift the edge - and there was another layer! When I took that off a little I couldn't tell if the image was on that or it had been done with colored pencils & it had taken the art off the paper, because while the art was on the 2nd plastic layer it is also on the paper?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated - is this a poster or a work of art? Is it a keeper or should I throw it away? (I am trying to lower the amount of art to make room - I have over 200 pieces BUT I was able to pick 4 out yesterday to give up that I left at the corner & someone picked up (it's a start as I tell my girlfriend!))

ART DRAWING COLOR RELIGOUS 2AA.JPG ART DRAWING COLOR RELIGOUS 3AA.JPG ART DRAWING COLOR RELIGOUS 4AA.JPG ART DRAWING COLOR RELIGOUS 5AA.JPG ART DRAWING COLOR RELIGOUS 6AA.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like someone might have put some laminating paper over it.....

judy and stracci like this.
  3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, a crazed art teacher laminated our drawings exhibited at a local art show, so "they wouldn't get ruined" - looks like middle school work to me...

~Cheryl

antidiem and judy like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I too think a student work.

Debora

5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

ok thanks - 1 more for the free art mailbox!

Draft saved Draft deleted