Featured Columbia Bicycle / Shipman Steam Engine Advertising Card

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Lithographer, May 22, 2022.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I picked this up at a consignment shop yesterday. I started doing a little research and it seems like this is a scarce item. It measures 8 1/4" by 5 3/4". It is a lithograph on a type of card stock. I was able to find a few things that were sort of similar, but a little bit later in date. I was wondering if anyone has seem something like this before and what it was used for, possibly a display? I was able to find several examples of the steam engine in museums, it has quite a reputation as being durable and well engineered.
    IMG_1846.JPG IMG_1847.JPG IMG_1848.JPG IMG_1849.JPG IMG_1850.JPG IMG_1851.JPG

Born2it, Any Jewelry, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What a cool card!

Lucille.b likes this.
  3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Figtree3 and Lucille.b like this.
  4. Lithographer

Thanks. Hopefully I can get some antique engine people and bicycle folks bidding at the same time.

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Advertising cards of this type are often called trade cards. Just more keywords to use. The link Kronos posted includes that phrase. The one you have is larger than some I have seen.

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Lithographer

Thanks, I will have to remember that. I was drawn to it because the quality of the printing. The steam engine was a bonus, I like going to our annual antique engine show.

Born2it and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted