Company Ball dresser

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Skylee, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Skylee

Skylee New Member

I have a Conant Ball dresser that I’m trying to sell and not sure how to price it. There isn’t anyone around where I live to give me A price. Can anyone give me a rough estimate?

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, Skylee!! Pricing an item is not really what we focus on as there are SO many variables, such as condition of item, where you are located, age of item.....that being said, I'll tag a couple of others who may be able to help somewhat.....also, be sure to check a place like "ebay.com" but put a check mark under their SOLD listings after you've entered your search words!! You'll get a better estimate of what the prices are! @verybrad, @Ghopper1924, @blooey

SORRY, I clicked on the thumbnail to enlarge.....my error!!!!

X3B76818EF-20E8-490D-870D-7872668D5724-edit.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  3. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Don't know where you are, but in my part of the U.S. Midwest this would fetch about $50-$150 depending on the day. This is an earlier, colonial revival example of Conant Ball's work as opposed to their more in-demand mid-20th century modern stuff.

4. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Agree, this is a poster child for brown furniture. I would guess it was made in mid 20th century or so. Sturdy and well-made in good condition. But it was styled for the mainstream buyer interested in antique style furniture (based on an 18th century chest). Conant Ball was a big furniture manufacturer and had several different style lines. As ghopper said, the Conant Ball furniture that is desirable is that that appeals to the MCM crowd, the stuff designed by Russell Wright and others. They used different stamps in the drawer, so if you're interested you can google it to pinpoint better exactly when yours was made, but it doesn't really matter for value.

Draft saved Draft deleted