Featured Confused about necklaces stamping, metal, and design

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by MTswirls, Aug 21, 2019.

1. MTswirls

MTswirls Well-Known Member

This beautiful necklace and bracelet are both poorly stamped. I think the stamp is supposed to say "18k" along with the "14k". So, if it's all gold would it be considered rose gold, white gold, and yellow gold? I'm also curious about its design. How was the metal shaped like this? Any thoughts on origin or style? Thanks for helping me!

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes.:) The rose gold would be considered pink gold, slightly lighter than rose.
    Most of these are mass produced in Italy. The links look machine stamped to me, but @Hollyblue can explain that better.
    Not all of these Italian gold necklaces are solid gold, some of them are plated, in spite of the mark.

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Yep, absolutely screams Italy. They seem very fond of this tricolor gold look. Milor is a big maker.

By machine.

4. MTswirls

I see. I suppose I will test it to see because I'm already curious about what part of it could be 14k and if the other part is actually 18k. Hopefully it's solid.

5. MTswirls

Yes, I'm finding lots of similar styles under milor and Italian tri color gold. Thank you.

6. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The 18K is yellow and the 14K is pink,the chain is die stamped and "diamond cut".

7. MTswirls

Thank you! Diamond cut... that explains why I thought the pieces were embellished with gemstones until further inspection. Is there anyway to tell what the white gold is without testing it?

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  8. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Hard to tell with white gold since most of it is rhodium plated.

Jivvy, Christmasjoy and MTswirls like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted