Featured CONGRATS @ How to get the best response

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by James Conrad, Jan 15, 2020.

1. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

About time! Question is, will anyone use/heed it? I dunno but, worth a shot I'd say.
    Nothing beat a try but failure! :cigar:

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

For me this is a blond moment............:facepalm:

Can you explain?

3. James Conrad

????? I am not following you Judy, there is a new info sheet at top of furniture forum page.

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

OH! LOL! My apologies!

I never visit any one particular forum, only what comes up in "New Posts"..................I shall visit the Furniture forum...........

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

OK.....now I see it.............what can I say except "I do feel very stupid"!!

6. James Conrad

I am the exact opposite, i almost exclusively visit furniture forum with a glance at Home page on my way to this forum. :p

7. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

FALSE! I know you are looking for my "taste tests" comments in jewellery forum...;):p:joyful:

8. James Conrad

WRONG! Only when they hit the Home page! So, BEWARE! when your jewelry post gets featured!

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

You may have to direct people to read it. But saying “please see pinned post at top of furniture forum” is shorter than typing it all out each time. :)

10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

That doesn't surprise me James.....I think most people only visit the forums that interest them........I only skip over a very few "new" posts.:)

11. James Conrad

Well, you know, info sheet can't hurt is the way i see this.
    Take photographs, furniture is NOTORIOUS for fooling the camera, not sure why, it just is.
    I have one of those super duper hi tech, hi def, large screen monitors i use for biz that helps a little but still not great for furniture and, many people today use their phone for taking/viewing photographs here and post those teeny tiny DARK thumbnail pics.:cool::cool::cool:

12. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

clutteredcloset49 was the author and requested it be put there.
    I just pinned it .
    You are right Will anyone use/heed it ?

We will see.:rolleyes:

13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

14. James Conrad

15. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Thanks for mentioning the post, @James Conrad ! I also wonder whether anybody new would read it before posting, but... we'll see.

16. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's interesting to know how others approach keeping up with posts in this site. I tend to look at the notifications first, for updates to threads I'm following, or when people have tagged me. Since those don't always show everything, I also look under the "Watched Threads" link at the top of the page. After that I look in each separate forum but only randomly - mostly at thread titles that attract me. I do always check almost everything in the Books and the Ephemera and Photographs forums.

This all takes a while but is the way I keep up.

17. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Way to go @clutteredcloset49! Just what the doctor ordered. Clear, concise and informative. I have a feeling that many new members, including myself when I joined, came a calling to find out about furniture. I have a touch screen laptop that allows me to expand most photos, but those thumbnails or cropped pictures can defeat even that.

18. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

You were not alone, I had no idea at first what this was about either. (Well now I do, after all the responses). :)

judy, KikoBlueEyes and kyratango like this.
  19. KikoBlueEyes

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

James Conrad and kyratango like this.
  20. KikoBlueEyes

Dave - You are wonderful for doing this. I read the furniture posts to learn and new stuff seems to usually start out small. Perhaps you could Bold and Cap the tittle to get more attention?

Draft saved Draft deleted