contemporary Japanese Imari - am I reading the mark correctly?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SBSVC, Mar 23, 2018.

1. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I ALWAYS have trouble with Chinese & Japanese marks. I try the Gotheborg site every time, but I am never sure, and I end up second guessing myself.

I tried to find the mark from a nothing-much, contemporary ginger jar tonight. Just for reference, this is a quick shot of the jar:
    img0 (12).jpg

Here is the mark, followed by the one I thought closest (not the same) on Gotheborg* (I Man Ri):

img0 (17).jpg img0 (18).jpg

Am I completely off-course here?

Thanks for any input and/or advice!

* http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturyjapan.shtml#arita

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it looks close.......but 4 all I know , could be an ad for a tractor !!:playful::playful:

SBSVC and judy like this.
  3. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

You are correct
    Japanese Imari ware

Cher, judy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Asian Fever! I really appreciate your input!

judy and komokwa like this.
  5. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

You are welcome. And I also need to ID several items tomorrow. I got one very nice carved indian horn and several small items today. However, the seller said she sold the dinosaur egg fossil and I didn't get it today!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

SBSVC and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted