Featured Coo coo clock repair advice, Not antique

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by 916Bulldogs123, Aug 14, 2021.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Hi all, i found this at a local yard sale complete in original box for $25.00 and i couldn't resist. Has the original receipt from 1990 Sold for $233.00
    It is German D Hones Regula movement.
    Has a coo coo
    It chimes and plays music, also has the dancers. problem is nothing works. I could most likely make a profit selling it as is. But depending on repair cost could be a lot more?
    Any and all thoughts would be helpful.
    Mikey
    atree 27547.jpg atree 27545.jpg atree 27534.jpg atree 27535.jpg

judy, bercrystal and cxgirl like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

sometimes there is a shut off switch on these (for the music and figures moving), maybe see if yours has one?

judy, bercrystal and 916Bulldogs123 like this.
  3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

There is a switch on the side. Will keep all the movements from moving. I can't see any broken parts so I'm assuming it's just some adjustments need to be done, but by a professional. I'm not sure what is supposed to work and when. Like when is it supposed to chime? I did figure out the music and dancers work simultaneously.
    Mikey

judy likes this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Did you: hang it, level it, wind it and set it? Is it a one-day or an eight-day.

It should cuckoo once at the half-hour and cuckoo the appropriate number of hours. After it cuckoos the hours then the dancers and music should play.

Does your switch have 3 positions (on, automatic and off)? If it does, the automatic is the setting you use for 'night time' - this means it won't cuckoo or dance during the night - normally, but not always, from 8pm to 8am.

You might want to check out youtube for help. Cuckoo clocks can be tricky to get up and running.

Being a tole painted clock, it isn't going to have a large value like carved Black Forest ones, so not sure you'd really want to spend the money on a professional fix.

Draft saved Draft deleted