Featured Copper Jug Lamp with Mica Shade

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by TomasDelLuna, Jul 17, 2021.

1. TomasDelLuna

TomasDelLuna New Member

CopperLamp08Small.jpg CopperLamp02_Small.jpg CopperLamp13_Small.jpg CopperLamp09Small.jpg I'm trying to identify this lamp and the shade. It was originally in my grandfather's house in New Jersey. He was a prolific tinkerer so I'm not sure if he found an old copper tankard and turned it into a lamp or if this is a store bought lamp. There are clearly some fairly modern parts so I can't figure out the vintage. Which all has me wondering if the shade with it is a matched set and if it is mica. Too many questions.... but thanks for any insight you can offer! Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2021
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Tom!

Welcome to Antiquers.........:cat:

I can't help, unfortunately. It is a lovely lamp. Others will have better knowledge/opinions. I'm thinking Arts and Crafts era?

No signatures? Looking very carefully?

pearlsnblume and sabre123 like this.
  3. TomasDelLuna

TomasDelLuna New Member

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your reply! Arts and Crafts era would certainly fit with some of the other things in the house as I recall. I did scour the lamp and shade up and down. That doesn't mean I didn't miss something but I couldn't find any writing on it whatsoever. Unfortunately.

Tom

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Again.......Welcome!

Hang on for other opinions. Hopefully someone can shed some beneficial "light" (pun unintended).:facepalm:

pearlsnblume and sabre123 like this.
  5. TomasDelLuna

TomasDelLuna New Member

6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Very handsome lamp; looks unusually well made. My guess would be that your grandfather made this in the 1970s, so it's not an antique.

Draft saved Draft deleted