Featured Cordey lamps?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Krysten, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Krysten

Krysten Member

IMG_9926.jpg IMG_9927.jpg IMG_9928.jpg IMG_9929.jpg IMG_9930.jpg IMG_9931.jpg IMG_9932.jpg IMG_9926.jpg IMG_9926.jpg IMG_9927.jpg IMG_9928.jpg IMG_9929.jpg IMG_9930.jpg IMG_9931.jpg IMG_9932.jpg My grandmother used to sell these lamps in the 1940s and said they were called Cordey lamps. Can anyone give me more info on them and tell me how much they might be worth? We know nothing about them and that they were mostly worthless until someone mentioned they might be valuable.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

If you can quickly go back an edit your post and click on "full image" for the pictures, they will appear in the text box. Easier for folks to see.

Did you check Ebay to get an idea of value? If you search "Cordey lamps" there are several, for values, check Ebay "completed".

Not too familiar with Cordey lamps, but a quick check showed some sets selling. The higher values were ones just with flowers (not figures). Almost none of the Ebay ones had the shades which you do have, and looks like yours are in excellent condition. I would think these lamps would have some value to the right person. Not worthless for sure.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    judy, Christmasjoy and Krysten like this.
  3. Krysten

Krysten Member

Edited! Thanks!

judy likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

There is also a small delete button to the lower right of each picture, so you can delete duplicates.

judy and kyratango like this.
  5. Krysten

Krysten Member

I didn't upload duplicates but for some reason when I edited them from thumbnail to full frame it added them. When I go to edit the duplicates don't appear. Sorry.

judy likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

This has happened to me. Look at your post. On the bottom you will see a list of attachments (ATTACH) Delete the duplicates. Next time just use the full image button on each photo. That works for me

judy and kyratango like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

We don't really give values here, too many components not having the item in the hand, etc. More like we steer folks in the right direction.

If you haven't done so, would suggest looking on Ebay under "Sold" with the keywords suggested. You could even do this a month from now and get new results. This "Gone With The Wind" style is a bit out of favor in some parts of the U.S., but who knows. From a quick look under Ebay completed, at the moment I think your best piece is the floral lamp with the double shade.

These would be not impossible, but very challenging to ship due to weight size and the fragile ceramic pieces --fingers on the women's hands, tips of flower pedals. If any of that chips or breaks, value is mostly gone for something like this.

If they were mine and I had to sell them, I'd try to sell locally to avoid the shipping.

judy and Krysten like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted