Costume Jewelry Books

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Grateful, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Good Evening! As I slowly recover from an enormous down-sizing move, I realize I have more "treasures" than I thought (boxes within mislabeled boxes with things like Steuben, etc. in them - found a gold aurene stick vase this afternoon.) Over time, I may ask for a little assistance on items I need a little help on after researching on my own.

I also seem to have acquired, one way or another, too much costume jewelry. A few pieces I think may have some value. I was wondering if someone could recommend a couple of reference books to accompany my internet research. I realize that prices are likely inaccurate in an older book, but I'm more interested in identifying pieces and learning about them. Most of these pieces range from (guessing) 1940's - 1980's. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

judy likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Xristina, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

The more modern jewelry is tough. Books are usually devoted to older jewelry, certain makers and styles, etc. I think the best thing you could do is look for maker's marks and search ebay for the pieces. If you need help, we are here. Post pictures!

Grateful, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!!!! EVEN I had never seen that stack of links at the top of the Jewelry Forum!!!!!!! WHAT a Treasure FULL!!!

PortableTreasures, Grateful and judy like this.
  5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

For a general costume jewelry book, I don't think you can beat Julia C. Carroll's: Collecting Costume Jewelry 303

6. Grateful

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as too much costume jewellery.

Signed, Smaug.

8. Grateful

Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted