Could anyone tell me anything about these paintings? Value?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Bob K, May 28, 2018.

1. Bob K

Bob K New Member

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I only see one painting, if it is indeed a painting.
    I see no value here past a $5 garage sale find...

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think it's probably a print, and komo is probably.correct. These things dat to the late '50s - early '60s. They were popular enough as decorator items.

I confess I like these and have had several of the same ilk.

This was in a molded frame as yours. I did list it to sell but had no takers.
    FramePictureMouldedWoodCompoundMidCenturyHollywoodRegency-e.jpg

This one was in a simple wooden frame. Same result: no sale.
    Print Cristellys Signed Lithograph French Girl Woman at Longchamps Framed Holland MCM -b.jpg

This is an original painting and I still have it:
    Painting Oil Masonite Girl Yellow Dress Cherie-a.jpg

This is also original (and I still have it). A bit different in character, it's dated '66:
    z.jpg

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Most of the members here WILL shy away from giving values anyway, as there are way too many variables, one of which being where you are located can have a lot to do with value! IF you want to check value for yourself, go to a place like "eBbay.com" and check their SOLD listings for something like what you want to know about. Most auction houses want you to sign in or up if you want to check with them for what an item sold for. I agree with what others have said above in your painting not being old.....the molded frame and staples on the back can be a pretty good indication!!

5. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Mom decorated my room with several of these prints back in the '50s.
    Patd

Draft saved Draft deleted