Could someone please help me with this porcelain marking

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Michael Muenchausen, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Michael Muenchausen

Michael Muenchausen New Member

Hello, I'm having trouble with the name of the maker of this porcelain marking. unnamed~2.jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Would you please show us the item and the details of it in photographs?

komokwa and patd8643 like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Are you having trouble with pics being too large to post?

If using a phone, try emailing them to yourself as 'medium' to resize them. They have to be under 1MB in size.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

so r we.............

5. komokwa

I think there's a pic there.........tiny pic..

6. Michael Muenchausen

Sorry so late. Here are some pictures. IMG_20201028_001157.jpg

7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

LOL Komo - didn't even notice that wee thing. Must be time to get some sleep.

Oh, dear, before I could post, a picture showed up, but I haven't a clue what it is supposed to be. . .looks like an upside down Halloween face.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Michael Muenchausen

9. Michael Muenchausen

10. komokwa

Eastern Star
    [​IMG]
    The Order of the Eastern Star (OES) is a female companion organization to Freemasonry. Men who are Master Masons may also join. Their primary symbol in cemeteries is a five pointed star with a tip pointing down, representing the Star of Bethlehem. In the example at right the letters are FATAL, which stand for Fairest Among Ten-thousand, Altogether Lovely.

Photo: from the gravestone of Fred M. Moore (1878-1949) and Maria A. Moore (1879-1933), Littleton Cemetery, Littleton, Colorado

In the example below each symbol within the star is an emblem for the Biblical heroines Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa, whose stories inspire character building lessons.

[​IMG]

just sayin.....since i can't make heads or tails of the...' A ' ...??? on the back..

janetpjohn likes this.
  11. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I've found one (or more) of these decorative freemason plates, bought at a garage sale decades ago, sold at one of my last garage sales 5 or 6 years ago. Was never able to sell it any other way, so I stopped buying them. We have members well versed in pottery marks, now that they can see what the item is and can date it from your photo, it will be easier to find the mark. Please check back later, hopefully another member can provide more information about this. (It's still wee hours where I am in the south.)

12. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

If it sells, it will be based on the subject matter, not the maker.

komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted