Couple of decent sized (?) pieces of fabric....

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by Aquitaine, May 4, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Firstly, IF anyone is interested, I do not want to ship outside USA, and would like to share shipping if that's OK!!! At least with the couple of heavier items! I also think it would be fair that when the jackets get listed, whoever wins one, be eliminated from winning the other.....at least seems fair to me!!! OH, will leave it 'til Monday and draw a name Monday evening???

So, here goes.......and NO, I DID NOT press the fabric first!!!!! I forgot where I hid the IRON!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: BTW, neither piece of fabric has ever been washed!

**EDIT:** IF By any chance anyone is interested, I DO NOT THINK the slight blue-ish discoloration being seen in the middle of the tan background Fabric is actually there, but will double check.......IF there is interest!! (or maybe it's the tinted glasses I'm wearing....)

It's been in our cedar closet so it's fine!! The darker pattern Red/white/blue sort of measures 85" in Length and is 52 or 53" in width below: zRWB FABRIC COLORS.jpg
    zRWB FABRIC IDENT-1.jpg

The next Tannish based pattern fabric is the larger piece measuring 118" in length and is also 52 or 53" in width below:

zTAN BASE FABRIC-2.jpg
    zTAN BASE FABRIC-1.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I'm in on the first one.

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Aquitaine, I LOVE the first one, too - but NO, NO, NO!!!!!! You are NOT going to move your cedar closet finds into MY house!!! I have enough fabric already to quilt the state of New Hampshire (okay, maybe not NH, but at least RHODE ISLAND!) No more fabric welcome here!

(I had occasion to stop by JoAnn's Fabrics today for something else, and I actually put one hand up by the side of my face as I walked past the fabric department. Really!)

Thanks, tho, for offering it!

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Got it!!!! Totally understand!!!

SBSVC likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Yaaay!! Book's in for the first one!!!

6. Aquitaine

Well, @Bookahtoo, (Regan) (as long as I'm remembering correctly!!!) looks like you're IT!!!!! Didn't even have to spin!!! If you still want it, message me your address....shop addy WAS on a sticky and can't find it now!!! NO postage....I'll take care of it:):):)
    Sue

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

If you really want to get rid of the other piece of material I have a friend who is a artist who works in textiles. I am forever giving her all types of stuff that I come across. The most recent was a wedding dress that someone had thrown on pile out by the curb. This thing probably cost a fortune when it was new due to the amount of brocade & beading. I just couldn't see it going to the dump (it was bad enough that the Waterford crystal was smashed) so I threw it in the car along with a few other things found in amongst the pile.

Anyway, I would be glad to help out with the postage.

Just think of it as just one more thing that is no longer at your house. ;):happy::happy::happy:

Besides, Susan has one of those huge old houses with the columns & the whole downstairs is her shop / studio so she has more room than you do. :D:D:D

She is set to teach a quilting seminar somewhere this fall & she may be able to use this as some of the pieces she supplies to the students. :):)

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

@bercrystal - does Susan have a husband named Reggie? and live in Massachusetts? If she has a sister Felicia then we know each other. I've fed a quilt designer/teacher named Susan a few pieces of "too cool to pass up" too. (and I'm thankful I didn't see that first piece of fabric before Book called dibs! That way I couldn't end up with it; I don't have a fabric stash, I have a hoard.)

9. bercrystal

No she lives here in Columbia SC.

Here is a link to a bio page on her.

http://www.susanlenz.com/default.shtml

Here is link to a photo of her house / workshop / business.

http://mousehouseinc.blogspot.com/

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I guess there's more than one quilting addict named Susan. I'll bet the two of THEM know each other, or know of, at least.

11. bercrystal

I wouldn't be at all surprised. :happy::happy::happy:

12. Aquitaine

@bercrystal, I would be MORE than happy to contribute to your friend's quilting class!!!!! Just message me her or your address and I'll find something it will fit in to get it on it's way!!!!! OH Happy Days!!!!:singing::singing::):)

13. Aquitaine

14. bercrystal

I will message you my address because by the sounds of her schedule on her bio page she is going to be quite busy. :happy::happy:

She lives on the outskirts of downtown Columbia. The houses there range from the large 100+ year old like hers to the Craftsman bungalows.

Thanks again for your contribution to her stash.

Also, I am always happy to help someone eliminate even a small amount of stuff out of their house. ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

15. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

The fabric arrived yesterday. It is even prettier in person. A friend convinced me it would make a beautiful tablecloth, so I am just going to hem the ends and put it away for a special occasion.
    Thanks aquitaine!!!!!!!!

aaroncab and Figtree3 like this.
  16. bercrystal

Sue - I just got home from the auction & found the package on my desk. You are so sweet to have added the extra squares. :happy::happy:

I know Susan is going to be thrilled. I will also include the note about the extras because she loves stuff like that & it will make the pieces extra special. I will likely be taking it over to her some time next week as I came across another tub of linen this week & already had a half full shopping bag to take to her.

So YEAH!! Something out of mine & your house. :D:D:D:D

Also the original piece of material is a gorgeous piece of fabric. It is almost a shame to cut it up for a quilt, but she may use it in some other way. She does some pretty far out stuff. If you did not look at her bio page there are photos of some of the installations she has done.

Thank you again so much for doing this for her. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted