COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ABOUT FOUND ERTE POSTER

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 16, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at my local thrift store today ($5!!) - I tried to find another of this example because I am wondering if the poster starts & ends with the silver/foil part or with the black & white trim/matting? It looks like it's laid on top of the black & white part but frame is taped close all around on back so I don't want to open it.

It says 1982 Sevenart, Ltd exclusively published by Impress Graphics, Ct. Printed in USA - this is also on the edge of the silver/foil part on lower left corner (with the black & white part continuing to end of frame)?

The poster with just the silver measures 30" x 23" and with the black part 36" x 23"

Also does the lady/scene have a name? (I tried googling 1982 ERTE lady with fan poster & again nothing)

Thanks for any help

ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 1A_AA.JPG ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 2AA.JPG ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 3A_AA.JPG ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 5AA.JPG ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 5AAA.JPG
    ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 1A_AA.JPG ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 2AA.JPG ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 3A_AA.JPG ART POSTER ERTE LADY WITH FAN SILVER FOIL BACKGROUND 5AA.JPG

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

You should be able to turn up a few examples with "Athena".

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

4. journeymagazine

5. journeymagazine

What do I call the backing - matting?
    Should I remove it & frame/sell alone?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Very 1980s. As it's a repro, I'd just leave it as is and let buyer decide to change if desired. That said... it does look better without patterned backing.

Debora

images.jpg

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Nice Find Journey .. WELL DONE !!! .. Joy. :)

8. journeymagazine

9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

You might find additional by searching "Erte Impress Graphics".

Draft saved Draft deleted