Covered Glass Dish with cut edges - Old or Newer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 31, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

This covered dish has a lot of detail mainly pinwheels. Except for the cut edges, the designs are pressed. The dish is 7 inches in diameter and has a center interior lip that the top rests against. The lip of the plate extends beyond the top about an inch and is clearly cut. The lines of pinwheels in the top meet the lines of the lip. It is approximately 6 1/2 inches tall. There is a seam that is clearly visible on the top.

It has almost no wear marks, so I am thinking it is newer but I'm not sure. Does anyone recognize this piece? I had a tough time photographing it, so sorry for the pictures.

IMG_4814 (1).jpg IMG_4815 (2).jpg IMG_4817 (1).jpg IMG_4818 (1).jpg IMG_4819 (1).jpg IMG_4822 (1).JPG IMG_4824 (1).JPG IMG_4825.JPG

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Ohio Flint Glass Co. "Gloria" butter dish, c1906

combination of hobstars and circles
    (not pinwheels, as that is a spiral motif)

an earlier piece from the mold resulting in fine edges rather than cut...

much easier to make out this pattern in their stained pieces:

[​IMG]

3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Wow. I’m so excited. I’ve never heard of the Ohio flint company. I’ll have to do research on it. I was sure those edges were cut. Thanks for explaining it was early. You can see the fine detail of an early mold now that you mention it. I looked at the EAPG patterns but I was sure if it was EAPG so I didn’t look carefully. Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Draft saved Draft deleted