Featured Cranberry Opalescent Daisy & Fern Tumbler

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, Apr 18, 2018.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I picked up 4 of these tumblers today and trying to figure out who made them. The majority I can find say Fenton, but I found a couple that say LE Smith, Northwood and/or Dugan. No N mark on the base so I believe that rules Northwood out. I can only find 1 other with the same type mark on the base as mine and they didn't know either. Each tumbler is 5 1/4"H. 3 of them have a chip on the top rim, which is okay as I'm keeping these, hopefully I can find someone that can remove the chip on them.
    the link below is too the other piece with the same base
    Any ideas appreciated.
    thanks for looking.
    http://www.laurelleaffarm.com/item-...t-pitcher-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-m82057.htm
    DSCF7171.jpg DSCF7176.jpg DSCF7187.jpg DSCF7182.jpg

2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Sorry Cxgirl,
    I only saw the ones you spoke about.
    They’re still quite nice, enjoy them!

cxgirl and judy like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very pretty. I think they would make great small vases for a few flowers.
    :)

cxgirl and Aquitaine like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

My vote is Fenton Cranberry Opalescent for LG Wright iced tea. I've been unable to confirm but will keep looking. BTW - the lack of an N mark doesn't necessarily rule Northwood out. I don't think I've ever seen a piece of Daisy and Fern with an N mark.
    Don

5. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Only pressed glass made by Northwood was marked. Those are blown. I'm not at all sure any mfgr in the 19th century or early 20th made that shape/size. They are the same shape as champagne tumblers of the 19th century, but too big.

cxgirl likes this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking Don:) I thought they would be easy to figure out (wrong again), but since I'm keeping them so it isn't a big deal if I know who made them.
    That is good to know about the Northwood mark.
    Thanks Cherryhill:) Also good information on the Northwood mark!
    So you think late 20th century for manufacturing date?

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Last 2/3 to 1/2 of the 20th Century, Wright was reproducing antiques before WWII.

judy and cxgirl like this.
  8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks Cherryhill:)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted