Featured Crown Trifari Pin ~ Just Can't Find!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by libbyloodle, Dec 7, 2020.

1. libbyloodle

libbyloodle Well-Known Member

I've been searching for this pin for a while, but nothing! I found the patent, for what it's worth. Any ideas? Did I miss something obvious? Vintage costume jewelry is new to me. Thanks.

crown trifari (1).jpg
    crown trifari (2).jpg
    crown trifari (3).jpg crown trifari (1).png

Figtree3, KSW and Happy! like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Since it has a C in a circle it was made after about 1955 when jewelry companies stopped patenting designs and just copyrighted (circle C) or registered (circle R) them.

From the patent you found it was designed in 1947, but with the C circle they continued making it into the late 1950s at least.

Figtree3, libbyloodle, KSW and 4 others like this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

seems there was an A.Philippe working for Cartier. but as I refuse pinterest I can't see further.

4. Marie Forjan

Yes, he did then he worked for Trifari, this is from the link below:
    But the true success of Trifari jewelry, and the reason for its collectibility today, is most often credited to French designer Alfred Philippe, the company’s chief designer from 1930 until 1968.
    https://www.collectorsweekly.com/costume-jewelry/trifari

pixieforpapa, Figtree3, judy and 2 others like this.
  5. libbyloodle

Thanks, Marie! This a great info. Considering it was made for more than ten years (if they started making it in 1947, when designed) do you think it's odd that I've not found another one? Maybe you could help me with some keywords to use in searching?

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  6. libbyloodle

What Fid? You don't enjoy wasting hours and hours of your day looking at the pretty pictures on Pinterest ;)

judy likes this.
  7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

when I'm too lazy to go downstairs then I look at my best stuff there... thanks to pics collectors here and elsewhere...:hilarious:

judy and libbyloodle like this.
  8. Marie Forjan

This is a tough one because there is really nothing that leads to keywords, if the shape were a flower or animal it would be much easier. If you look at the patent it shows rhinestones on the piece instead of cabochons, so the pin was probably made win a variety of colors and stone types.

I think finding the patent was great work on your part.

What does it measure and what does page 2 of the patent say? Maybe there are some keywords in the description?

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. libbyloodle

Hi Marie...I just put this away, so will measure later and get back. I'm guessing about 3". As for page two of patent, I didn't know there was a page two!! :rolleyes:
    I'll check. Thanks for your help, btw.

10. lizjewel

lizjewel Well-Known Member

libbyloodle and Lucille.b like this.
  11. Marie Forjan

That seems to me to be an overly optimistic price for a piece of Trifari costume jewelry :wideyed: The stones are most likely glass, not turquoise, that could come back and bite her.

libbyloodle likes this.
  12. libbyloodle

Well, what do ya know!! I might need a shiny white hand to make mine look more impressive :confused:

13. libbyloodle

Guess she thought she had the only one! :hilarious:

14. libbyloodle

Sorry for this delayed response, Marie. Computer problems. Never found pg 2. Do you see something that suggests there is a pg 2?
    I also measured it and put it away again...so now I forget! Probably the same as one on ebay. From memory, I was thinking 3.5" or 3.75"

15. Marie Forjan

Usually there is a description that goes with the drawings, where did you find the patent you posted?

16. libbyloodle

JewelryPatents.com

Draft saved Draft deleted