Crown Weighted Silver Salt n peppa Found these two salt and pepper shakers, crown sterling waited. D

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Estaterestate, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Estaterestate

Estaterestate Well-Known Member

Found these two salt and pepper shakers, crown sterling waited. Don’t know what era they are from. Any ideas? 53D02656-3C1E-404F-8947-DBEDAC34ED0B.jpeg 2B776A5B-D5ED-4E06-B390-86CDE33EFFF0.jpeg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. Estaterestate

Estaterestate Well-Known Member

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

This type of shaker set was always on the dining table when we used the "good" china, silver and crystal when I was a yute back in the 60s. I still have a set for myself and use them at the holidays. Oh, and the word is "weighted" not "waited". It's because the bottoms are cement with sterling coverings over them to provide stability and not have to use too much expensive sterling silver metal. Polish them up and use them.

5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

:)

i need help and ola402 like this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Marie, I can't see embedded YT videos any more, I assume it's the one from My Cousin Vinny?

komokwa likes this.
  7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Ho sorry, yes. There are a bunch on UTube, I picked the one that was the shortest and to the point.

I love that movie, the best part is when Ms Vito gets on the stand :smuggrin:

Draft saved Draft deleted