Featured Crud or keeper? Small Box

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Jan 21, 2021.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

778B4752-AAE0-4E46-8ABB-DCDC64EC5148.jpeg 00CAB294-7264-4555-A9F6-D790232FBFE4.jpeg 9B5B6B45-5F41-4361-BFB3-44DEE427C584.jpeg This little box piqued my interest the other day at a thrift store. Looked antique Staffordshire esque to me. That’s an area I have next to no knowledge in though, so there’s a decent chance I’m the only one who thinks that. The bottom is unglazed which might be strange for Staffordshire? Also the painting in the shields is not very good so that is a bit of a red flag I guess. Condition is poor but largely intact with no major cracks. I’m guessing it’s a match box if not just a general trinket box. I paid one or two bucks just to satisfy my curiosity. I kinda like it either way.

judy, KSW and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Looks Italian to me

judy, KSW and J Dagger like this.
  3. J Dagger

Yeh that was my fear....

judy and KSW like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

That's a problem?

judy, KSW and J Dagger like this.
  5. J Dagger

Ha, well I was hoping Staffordshire.

judy and KSW like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

My first thought is Italian, a town crest.

J Dagger, judy and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted