Crystal Clear Glass Paperweight Figurine - White Inside

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Jun 15, 2020.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I recently came across some information that gave the name of the technique for putting the white "clouds" inside an iridescent crystal paperweight such as the one I have. For the life of me, cannot remember. Can anyone help refresh my hazy mind?

Thanks in advance

Kathy albert price goose swan crystal paperweight white cloud inside iridescent.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's spatter, but I suspect you didn't mean that. Probably made by Heron Glass.

3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Frit is/are little pieces of glass. When included in worked glass it is done by spreading the frit on a hot surface (called a marver, once it was marble, now it's generally steel or cast iron). When the hot, soft glass is rolled over the frit it (the frit) is picked up by the gather[noun] in a process called [wait for it] frit pick up. Often this is on the outside of a piece, to put it in the interior, another gather[verb] of glass is made over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted