Crystal glass, purple cut to clear. How old?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sistine, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Sistine

Sistine New Member

Hello!
    I bought this crystal glass today and wonder how old it might be? someone who knows who produced it ? think it's awesome
    and will look for more. also read that you should think about lead content in crystal glasses when you are giving to drink from it ?

Thanks for your help,
    Regards from Norway

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. Sistine

Sistine New Member

And the pic

Attached Files:

cxgirl likes this.
  3. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    If you do searches for Bohemian cut to clear with key words stem, stems, stemware or Czech cut to clear stem, stems, stemware, you'll find many, many, many!

cxgirl and Sistine like this.
  4. Sistine

Sistine New Member

thank you for the answer
    I've serched for it but have not found exactly this glass . what do you think about age ?

and what it might be worth?

5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Sometime after 1950. I have seen similar sold new as tourist souvenirs within the last couple of years.

Sistine likes this.
  6. Sistine

Sistine New Member

Thank you George
    what with it being lead in the glass ? it is dangerous to drink of old glass ? I do not want it to get lead in the drink...

7. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Lead in glass will not dissolve from the glass in anything. i'ts trapped in there. Don't worry about it.

Sistine likes this.
  8. Sistine

Sistine New Member

thanks again for your help
    in Norway there is so little response to get.
    then I just have to look for more. Want in red , I think they are beautiful ❤️
    Hope to buy IT before christmas

cxgirl likes this.
  9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Sistine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted