Featured Crystal Verlys? bowl with brass filigree & green carved? molded? plastic? insert

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Feb 20, 2022.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This piece was part of a lot that also had the brass filigree trinket box I have posted in the antique section.

I found a similar bowl that was ID'd as Verlys but I couldn't find any marks on mine. :(

I was hoping the whitish stuff on the green plastic? insert was a build of dust but unfortunately, it appears to be very dried out & the brass filigree around it has a bad case of the greenies. :arghh::facepalm: I haven't messed with it too much but I think I can get the green piece out, however, what would be good to get rid of the greenies?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do with the insert? If I can't make it look better I have some loose cameos I may try instead.

The bowl is 4" across & 1 1/8" to the side edge. It is 2" to the top of the filigree with the insert.

The bowl is high-quality glass with a raised design on the bottom. The bird's heads act like 3 little feet on the bottom. The surface has a slightly frosted appearance so it could very well be by a maker such as Verlys. If anyone recognizes the maker or the pattern that would be great. :happy:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :happy::happy::kiss:

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd give the whole thing a vinegar bath. That looks more like carved stone than plastic to me.

bercrystal, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Frosted makes sense.

KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  5. bercrystal

I thought so before it was in hand but the green insert has absolutely no coldness to it at all.

6. bercrystal

@TallCakes - Thanks for finding those 3 WP listings. :happy:

@Kronos - If you could take a moment to give the results of the 3 listings it would be very much appreciated. :happy::kiss:

I will be able to sell a few of the items included in the lot to make back some if not most of what I paid for the lot. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

7. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

$49.99 (2013)
    $40.00 (2017)
    $40.00 (2016)

bercrystal likes this.
  8. bercrystal

@Kronos - Thank you very much!! :happy::kiss:

I'll post a photo when I get it all fixed up. :happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted