Featured Cupid and Venus

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wcubed, Oct 18, 2020.

1. wcubed

wcubed Well-Known Member

I mentioned last year how my great aunt had a huge collection of depression glass. I completely forgot that my mother had kept a few of her favorite pieces. The collection, btw, was all Cupid and Venus. My wife had seen what my mother had, and she liked these, so my mother gave them to her, which I had also forgotten.

We use them as shot glasses. I'm sure they are supposed to be for something else, but I don't know what. Cordial glasses maybe? They are 4 inches tall.

cupid and venus 2.jpg
    This picture came out a touch out of focus. Oh well...
    cupid and venus.jpg

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

this is EAPG rather than depression glass, and this pattern predates the depression era by 50 years. The stems noted in my pattern glass book only mentions the goblet and wine but doesn't give measurements.

The pattern is Richards and Hartley #500 (AKA: Cupid and Venus) c1880 and other pieces from the patterns can be seen here:
    http://www.eapgs.org/patterns/pattern-details.php?idx=1596

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  4. wcubed

wcubed Well-Known Member

I did not know that. Interesting. They always called it depression glass. I didn't even know the maker, so thanks for that, as well.

pearlsnblume and TallCakes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted