Curious Slykitty

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Slykitty65, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

I am an artist who loves to paint, do iPhone PhotographyArt, plays with poetry, has collected antiques and ran an art studio and flea markets in the past. I'm a retired University community educator finding time to do the things I love. :cat:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Slykitty!

Any time you want to show us the things you love, we'd love to see them!

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Slykitty! Keeping busy keeps the brain young!!

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Slykitty.:cat:

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, @Slykitty65!!! PLEASE dish and tell us how you do "iPhone PhotographyArt"......sounds intriguing!!!! And then, of course, please, show us!!!:):)

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Welcome Slykitty. Are you also bossed around by a cat? There are lots of cat servants in here.

8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Slykitty !!! ... Joy.

9. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum Slykitty65! :)

11. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

12. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

13. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

14. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

Thanks for the question on iPhone Photography Art. It's a form of graphic art which iPhone and other cellphone photographers work on a design from a photo by making changes to the original and putting it through various design filters. This is from my Classic Cruiser Line, I love the play on colors. I make them into traditional printed and framed art and greeting cards. In the process of getting ready to show them for the first time at an artist event in August. IMG_3240.JPG

15. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

No, I love cats but am highly allergic to them and most dogs! :( Bummer, I know!

16. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Definitely. I got allergy shots for years so I would react less to my cats. And tree pollen. And other stuff. So I got MS and now react to weather changes instead....

BTW - does the signature on that picture say Ruthanna? I'm another Ruth.

Slykitty65, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

VERY NICE!!!! LOVE the colors!!!! Best of luck at the event!!:):):):)

18. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I love it. I hope you have a great time meeting like-minded people at the event, I always loved that kind of thing. And lots of luck, of course.

Slykitty65 likes this.
  19. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

No a... its Ruthanne, no middle name. My father wanted me named after his mother but did not want any mail mix up? lol She was a traveler, never in one place long working in resort management throughout the Midwest to the coast sometimes with grandpa, other times he was off helping build the CYC camps in northern MN. The stories she told us kids! This photo of her was taken at some ranch in California, no idea where but I think the horse is a prop at the resort? Wish I would have asked more when dad was alive and mom is 98 now. Olson3.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  20. Slykitty65

Slykitty65 Active Member

Thanks, everyone for all the encouragement for the Artist Event, my head is still spinning! Never been privately invited to do an event of this scale before. It's very exciting.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted