Cushman Colonial Creations Dining Room Set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by kharte175, Nov 1, 2023.

1. kharte175

kharte175 New Member

Hello, I have dining set and sideboard from Cushman that I’m looking to value and sell. Understand this isn’t a valuation site, but any guidance on where/how to sell pieces is most appreciated!

Im not able to upload the pics! Every picture I try to attach says the file is too large! Help?

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not to worry. All new members have the same problem at first. Someone will be along shortly with instructions.

Debora

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lucille.b and sabre123 like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

where are you ?
    how will u be selling...

this will affect value..!!

bluumz likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Seconded. Location is a BIG factor. I'm assuming North America, because there wasn't a market overseas. Unless some GI moving house took it along of course. The government at one time would have crated it up and sent it with.

6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

If you provide the model number, I can tell you the year and desirability. It should be stamped into wood of the underside. Also, pre 1941 Cushman metal name tags have the model number as well.

Bakersgma, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. David Chesler

David Chesler New Member

Hello, I found your post looking to confirm a model number and maybe get a valuation on my Cushman dining table and chairs, and I saw you are a collector. DELETED BY MODERATOR it seems to be model 6245 with one expansion leaf and padding to match, and chairs (2 captain, 4 straight) model 5831 -- DELETED BY MODERATOR

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2023
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

No kind sir........it's not allowed..... not even close

A - Offers to buy, sell or trade by individuals and/or dealers are not permitted in any way, shape or form in threads and/or posts. If you wish to make such an offer, contact the other party by Private Message or email.

this is also not a site for valuations , or a site to help u sell your wares.

continue your search elsewhere ...and good luck

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

As Komokwa mentioned, We do info on items only. . . your set is the 'Fairfield' group, circa 1958-64. This is a late Cushman Creations design, very modernish 50's-60's look - well made, but not the 1930's designs that capture the interest of many Cushman collectors such as myself. It's Cushman, so it has some clout in the vintage furniture world. If you wish to sell it, do local marketplace listing.

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. kharte175

kharte175 New Member

Hi Drew, the model # is 4 125.

11. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

No. 4-125 is the 'Crown Back chair, introduced in 1934 and made until 1952. A really popular chair, hence the long production run. Pretty common, but an early Cushman Creation design.

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. David Chesler

David Chesler New Member

I apologize to the moderator. Thank you for the useful information, which will be helpful when I try to pass it along.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted