Cushman tables everywhere

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by beezkneez, Jun 12, 2020.

1. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

Being the only family member with with a garage has put a couple Cushman tables and a lot of chairs in my possession. I’ve tried to research but haven’t been able to find exact matches for the tables. If anyone would like to help me out I would appreciate it greatly!

Aquitaine and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Pictures please. And welcome!

Aquitaine likes this.
  3. Antiquefan

Antiquefan Member

My parents married in 1940 and saved up and bought a Cushman bedroom set. Well made solid wood, maple on their set.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

We LIVE by PICTURES!!!!!!:hilarious::D:):) SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

komokwa likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I'm a Cushman collector 1933-50... pieces have model numbers incised into the wood underside or on metal tags pre 1942.

komokwa likes this.
  6. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

I keep getting an error message that my upload file is too large. Any tips?

7. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

8. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

9. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

Hopefully these pictures help. I have more. I also have a bunch of chairs. Some with arms, some without

10. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

Thanks!
    Took me a minute, but I got some pictures uploaded. I can add more

11. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

OK, my Cushman book lists #6020 as a model number discrepancy, meaning error of some type ? It says 'MODERN CREATIONS' style made in 1936-37 which makes sense for that number w/Cushman in your photo {lookss like their stamping of the 30's}. Your table indeed does not look like the 'modern line', more colonial-ish like most other 1930''s pieces of theirs. Yours looks refinished... the russet toned finish looks stripped off. All that being said, it's a very well made table.hope this helps.

komokwa and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Are we seeing parts of 2 different tables?

13. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

14. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

Yes. The first 3 are model number 6030. The rest are 6020

15. beezkneez

beezkneez New Member

Thank you! Would model 6030 likely have been made in ~1936 as well? Looking to sell one, if not both, of these tables and am trying to figure out the best way to get a reliable appraisal. I requested a Cushman book from the library but I’m not sure what you mean that 6020 might be an error.

16. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

My Cushman book lists it an error, basically meaning number doesn't match design of the piece. The book used old Cushman catalogs as a reference, so the error goes back to this. A number 6020 or 6030 is going to be a piece introduced in 1936 (the first digit indicates this).

17. DIVE GIRL

DIVE GIRL New Member

DREW, IM SEARCHING THE INTERNET TO SEE WHAT AN END TABLE BE WORTH THAT I RECEIVED FROM MY MOM WHEN SHE PASSED AWAY. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU MIGHT KNOW. COULD YOU EMAIL AND I COULD SHOW YOU PICTURES.
    Send a personal message please.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
  18. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

You can see what people ask on Ebay, but often it's way to much. Folks looking for Cushman often want the 1930's pieces with quirky design elements. Many of the more generic design Cushman brings 'good used furniture' prices, which is pretty low sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted