Featured Cut to clear vase and bowl, German or Czech?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chris1948, May 25, 2019.

1. Chris1948

Chris1948 Active Member

I purchased these this past week in Galveston, Tx at an antique store. The vase rings like crystal. The bowl just seems to thud. I'm sure they're not American cut glass but wondering if they're German or Czech?
    DSC08189.JPG DSC08190.JPG DSC08191.JPG DSC08192.JPG DSC08193.JPG DSC08194.JPG

judy, Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Bohemian in style.
    Most likely Czech. Still being made.
    However, I think yours probably is from the 1970s give or take a few years.

I seem to remember it being in all the gift stores. Be aware my memory is full of holes.

PortableTreasures, judy, Fid and 7 others like this.
  3. Chris1948

Chris1948 Active Member

Thank you. I've got links to several Czech glass maker sites and will see if I can get any replies from them.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

LOVE the color!!!!!!!

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

agree with clutter. seen similar in Karlsbad, Prag etc. BUT also in shops in Dresden. for Russian tourists mostly.

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yup, Czech 1970s ish. You'll never pin it down: these were often under the Sklo Union umbrella.

7. Chris1948

Chris1948 Active Member

Thanks everyone. At least I know the country of origin. Now to find room in one of my cabinets for them. Guess it's time to do another glass shuffle.

Draft saved Draft deleted