cute, odd, W. Germ vintage vase - maker ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tom Mackay, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

Editing this has been a nightmare.:arghh::mad: A nice shape and at first glance an odd glaze but it's grown on me as I've looked at it closely. Quite a lot going on there. So I found a vase of the same shape and exact same dimensions on a site but I think THAT vase could have been mis-identified as they say "probably" Scheurich when it looks to me an awful lot like Carstens I've seen, but again, I'm no expert. Here's the link to that site showing the other vase and here's the google translate of what it says, then photos of mine.
    https://www.vases4u.com/keramik/kleine-vase-583-13
    "Small vase of the (probably) company Scheurich. Decor: white speckles on a black-brown background, above them drops in different strong colors; yellow inside. -
    Floor mark 853-13 W-GERM."
    20191130_150554.jpg

20191130_150508.jpg 20191130_150508.jpg 20191130_150525.jpg

Attached Files:

aaroncab and cxgirl like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

aaroncab likes this.
  3. Tom Mackay

Mine looks to only have a period. There is only 3cm (1 3/16") diameter between the unglazed edges of the base. Not much room but there is an impressed triangle near the centre (center is USA!) with room for another if the maker had wished. 20191130_164948.jpg

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

5. Tom Mackay

Draft saved Draft deleted