Featured Czech Bluebell? Crystal Perfume Bottle - Help me find please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Apr 21, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Okay, so I said no more perfume bottles. So shoot me. :) The reseller brought out more from a box. This has a label imprinted in the bottom that says "Made in Czechoslovakia." I'm not sure how, but it is part of the glass. I really think this is something special, but I haven't figured out the flowers that grace the stopper, so I can track it down. I tried lily of the valley - nope. I came close with bluebells, but that wasn't it either. I think if I can recognize the flower, then I can place it in time and space. It is 6 3/4 inches tall and 2 3/4 inches square at the bottom. Also if anyone has other ideas, thoughts or comments, I would appreciate it.

IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0350.jpg IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0354.JPG IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0369.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i dunno.....it's pretty though...........:happy:

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Bellflowers?

TraceyB and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

I’ll try that. Thank you.

pearlsnblume, TraceyB and i need help like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

TraceyB and i need help like this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

7. KikoBlueEyes

It glitters in the sun -once I got the old perfume out!

8. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Here’s the one you couldn’t snag the image from. ;)
    A9419896-4406-440C-8899-6EC712CE7442.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you very much. It's a very similar base and the stopper is frosted. I wonder if the other information applies too. The signature on the base is different though. Mine says Made in Czechoslovakia and this one says Made in Czechoslovakia in a circle.

mmarco102 likes this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Very nice bottle!!! :D:D:D I can understand you succumbing to temptation with this one. :happy::happy:

I found the exact stopper in one of my books & I get you a copy of the page in the next day or so. It is shown in the copies of catalog pages in the back. The page is from a 1938 catalog for Edward G. Westlake Co. They were an importer out of Chicago.

The stopper is shown in a different bottle but your bottle is shown on the page also. It was common practice to match up stoppers with different bottles.

The dauber being broken off is of very little consequence because they are so easily broken that it is an accepted fact.

I looked to see if I could find a color photo in a few of my books but did not see any. If you are interested in purchasing a book or 2 about perfume bottles let me know & maybe I can help you out which one would be the better option for your needs. :kiss:

KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. KikoBlueEyes

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Thank you so much for tracking this down in your old catalogs. I would love a picture. Somehow me seeing a piece in a catalog just like the person who originally bought it makes a strong impression in my brain.

In researching perfume bottles, I have noticed that in some cases the stopper was the creation and the bottle, though gorgeous, was simply the mechanism to show it off.

Thank you for the offer to enhance my research with the correct books, but I have been downsizing my library and recently went from 500 books to about a hundred and will probably reduce it some more. I don't want to add at this point. I appreciate the offer, though.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted