Featured Czech coffee set

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Twinmommylouise34, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Twinmommylouise34

Twinmommylouise34 New Member

IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1870.JPG Hi guys I found these while I clearing out my grand parents house can anyone tell me anything about them , but I can't seem to find anything like it apart from one in a antique shop in Australia all I found out was that is by, sciendner and co and designer was Joseph lenhart I added 2 pics

2. toomanytocount

toomanytocount Boredom is a sin.

WOW! These look like an Art Deco design porcelain set from the 1920-30s, exported from Czechoslovakia. Great find.

scoutshouse and Laura808 like this.
  3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great set! there is another one for sale in the UK, shows up on Pinterest

scoutshouse likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Wow indeed! What a strong graphic design.

Debora

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Nice set.
    Josef Lenhart founded porcelain factory Schneider in Lesov, western Czechoslovakia, in 1927. Your set was probably made between 1927 and 1938.
    The monogram is JLS, for Josef Lenhart Schneider.
    In 1938 that part of Czechoslovakia was ceded to Germany, because Britain and France decided that was necessary to keep Hitler happy. Czechoslovakia had no say in the matter, and we all know how happy it made H.
    I found a mention of Josef Lenhart and Schneider in this German wikipedia page about Lesov:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesov

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    kentworld and scoutshouse like this.
  7. Twinmommylouise34

Twinmommylouise34 New Member

I found those too it's the same set x

scoutshouse likes this.
  8. JanHol

JanHol New Member

I know that this is an old thread but if anyone is reading this - I have got some cups and saucers and milk jug the same as above, can anyone tell me if its worth anything or where I can go and sell it? thanks in advance

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

komokwa, scoutshouse and JanHol like this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

You can copy and paste this thread into yours, if you make a new one. ( Or I can ) A new thread will be seen by more people. :)

komokwa and scoutshouse like this.
  11. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It seems like the only help needed is where to sell it and for how much? We can't value it, you have to search ebay and other sites to find similar. Google Schneider Czechoslovakia porcelain.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted