Featured Czech Crystal Vase - Script on Label?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, May 16, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

The medium sized crystal vase appears to be nicely cut/engraved and has an interesting shape, so I bought it to learn more about it. My problem is that I can't read the entire label, so my research has lead nowhere. It is the third script letter that I am having difficulty with. It read "HB? Cristal de Boheme Made in Czechoslovakia." I'm hoping someone can read the last script letter or perhaps will recognize the maker. The vase is 8 inches tall and 4 1/2 inches in diameter at the top opening. Any assistance appreciated.

IMG_0615.jpg IMG_0616.jpg IMG_0617.jpg IMG_0620.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0625.JPG IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0623.jpg IMG_0627.JPG

Firemandk, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. KikoBlueEyes

Komo. Thanks so much for this. I would never have guessed "S". Off to do research!

4. KikoBlueEyes

No joy for HBS or any version there of. It is clearly for the market in a country that speaks French, but ebay France didn't have anything, nor did ebay - Belgium. I didn't try other countries or provinces like Quebec

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  5. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

I would not have thought it was an S either. Whew!

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. gauntlettgems

Says Czech on the bottom

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

Unfortunately, that revelation didn't help. I know that Czechoslovakia is no longer a country, but I am surprised that this company has no footprint on the web that I can find. It could be that this their audience is European, it's just not showing up for me.

8. KikoBlueEyes

Of the label? It's a very confusing label, with french and english on it and I'm not sure it is the maker or a retailer.

9. gauntlettgems

Oh, I was wondering. I found a few pieces in google on different sites.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

Wow. With HBS? What search terms did you use? I am apparently using the wrong ones.

gauntlettgems likes this.
  11. gauntlettgems

Yeah, HBS la boheme Czech...

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  12. KikoBlueEyes

13. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I'll try that search.

gauntlettgems likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted