Featured Czech pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SBSVC, Oct 3, 2016.

1. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Ok, so I know close to nothing about Czech pottery/ceramics/etc...

I actually have several pieces of Mrazek - a collection I started when I was 8 years old, and the seller of the summer house my parents bought left a Mrazek vase behind. (My Mom thought it was HIDEOUS; I LOVED it! Of course, I still have it...)

Anyway, lately, for no reason known to me, I've been attracted to the COLORS of some of the Czech stuff - things that I believe are rather "low-end", but I find them charming.

I just used my "eBay Bucks" to buy this little pitcher. (EBay Bucks make it FREE, right???)

erphila pitcher.jpg

erphila pitcher mark.jpg

I've read quite a bit about Erphila (Ebeling & Reuss of Philadelphia...) but does anyone know anything about the actual makers of stuff like this, as opposed to the importers?

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

cxgirl and SBSVC like this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Thanks, MOS - I'll be checking out that site!

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Really like the design on this. The makers were various and for the most part unidentified. There are collectors for Erphila and I don't think most care who actually made the stuff. I have never seen anything that identifies the makers. Unfortunately, along with most pottery and china, prices have really dropped for these well designed pieces. I used to pick up Czech pottery pretty routinely but mostly just pass it by these days unless it is something exceptional.

SBSVC likes this.
  5. Fishiowa

Fishiowa New Member

If you Google Mrazek pottery or just Czech pottery you will find several dealers who feature a wide range of Czech pottery. I've been collecting for many years and am still surprised and delighted by new finds.

Aquitaine and SBSVC like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

That is ONE YUMMY PITCHER!!!!!!:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::happy::happy::happy:

SBSVC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted