Czech vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Claudia Harris, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Claudia Harris

Claudia Harris Active Member

This vase is about 8” tall and has a diameter across the bottom of about 3 1/4”; across the top is about 2 3/4”. It is marked Made in Cecho-Slovakia. There are also the letters EPAIG and the word Royal between branches. The number 3513 is stamped on the bottom. Then there are initials JE, I think. We got this as a donation at the thrift store where I work. Just looking for some information. Thanks, Claudia

Attached Files:

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

3. Claudia Harris

Thanks for the link! So, since there is not one exactly like the one on this vase would you say the last one fits best? Made sometime in the 50’s?

4. Claudia Harris

I did not realize until just now that I posted a picture of the vase upside down. I was trying to do that on my phone from work and it obviously didn't work so well. Sorry.

judy likes this.
  5. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

It’s possible that JE is a hobbyist china painter who painted a blank.

dgbjwc, judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  6. Claudia Harris

Thanks for the reply! I thought that may be the case but it is nicely done. I think those are cranes? We get such a huge variety of things in the store that it is sometimes overwhelming! I think we priced this one at 4.00 so unless it is something special it is going to stay at that price. We are trying to collect things for an upcoming auction and I just wanted to make sure this didn’t need to be pulled for that. Thanks for your help.

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think this is better than $4.00 but not terribly valuable. I would probably price it $12-15.00 in my shop.

8. Claudia Harris

Thank you, Brad.

Draft saved Draft deleted