Featured Czechoslovakia Glass Brass Filigree Scent Bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by cxgirl, Aug 2, 2022.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    found this sweet little lay down bottle, marked Czechoslovakia on the top, 3 1/2"L. The filigree is lifting along the side and the back - should this be glued down or sold as is? Thinking this is 1920s-1930s time period. I thought the glass dauber was maybe switched because it seems short, but found another one with the same short dauber? @bercrystal
    any information appreciated
    thanks for looking:)
    Library - 1 of 3.jpeg Library - 1 of 4.jpeg Library - 1 of 2.jpeg Library - 2 of 2.jpeg Library - 2 of 3.jpeg Library - 2 of 4.jpeg Library - 3 of 3.jpeg
    Library - 3 of 4.jpeg

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@cxgirl - I am so sorry this thing is causing you so much distress. Tell you what out of the goodness of my heart I'll agree to take it off your hands so that you don't have to worry about it anymore. ;) :playful::playful: :D:D:D :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: :hilarious::hilarious:

These "caged bottles" were made between the wars & this one is shown on page 61 of Perfume Bottles for Purse & Dresser From Czechoslovakia 1920s - 1930s by Verna J. Koken.

As far as the part that is lifting away I would not mess with it if it lived with me. ;):smug::smug:

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'd send it to Kyra !!

cxgirl and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol Peggy:) thanks for the information, never heard the term 'caged bottles' before, good to know:) glad to hear better not to mess with it, I'd probably make it worse.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It could be short because of the curve in the bottle.
    It is an unusual shape, very pretty, and blue and gold is always a perfect combo.:) I wonder if the shape was inspired by Indian mango-shaped kohl bottles.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    bercrystal likes this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

My theory is that they often used the same daubers for all of the bottles regardless that the bottles came in multiple different shapes & sizes. :p

I bought this bottle a couple of weeks ago & even though it is much larger than the majority of the bottles it has the same length dauber. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2848697265...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I think it has just lifted away from the bottle due to the shape. The filigree does not appear to be broken. :happy:

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted