Featured Daisy & Button Fruit bowl set?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hoping people check here often enough to get this checked out! This set was my Grandmothers......have the bowl, spooner (?), 5 amber dishes and 4 clear dishes. And have not seen another with the amber and clear mix together before, but then am not looking either as this is not my forte .....any help dating and just rough value or where to search it out would be a big help!!! Thanks a huge heap!!!! Also have another item, but that one can wait a bit.....now, to remember to post the pics!!!!

Forgot: Fruit bowl= 3 1/2" high x 8" across; Spooner= 4 3/4" high x 3 3/8 across; Dishes= 1 5/8" high x 4" across.
    DaisyBFruit1.jpg DaisyBFruit2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

this is the 'Ellrose' pattern by George Duncan Sons & Co. c1885; AKA: Paneled Daisy & Button

yourturntoloveit and cxgirl like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very pretty !!!

4. Aquitaine

WOW!!!!! Thanks TallCakes!!!!! So, what do I have? Collectible???

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Beautiful, Aquitaine!

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi
    It is a beautiful set. I bought the fruit bowl several years ago. It was in a cardboard box from Germany. I picked it up at least three times thinking this is not German crystal but there was nothing in the house pre 1970. After an hour I decided to buy it for 3 bucks. When I had my last yard sale it sold for 40 dollars to a dealer who knew what it was.
    greg

7. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

That is a really beautiful set.

8. Aquitaine

Thanks all.......I may be passing it along to a niece who out of 18 nieces & nephews, is about the ONLY one who appreciates these things!!!! Go Figure!!!:rolleyes:

yourturntoloveit and Bakersgma like this.
  9. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Way out of my line, but a fellow collector of that type glass recently bragged about the deal she got on that pattern. I can confirm value if necessary, but at this point I would guess $50 or so for the vase/spooner and more for the bowl.

10. Aquitaine

AWESOME to know OG!!!! Will be sure to pass on IF/WHEN I pass it on!!! Thanks SO much!!!! Edit: I already have a sticky note in the bowl !!!!

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

There's ' one ' , in every crowd !! :hilarious:

12. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Very nice!

I have a large collection of daisy and button that was my mother's, mostly in amber, with some in green and a few in other colors. I don't think i have any of the clear and amber. Most of my pieces are just d&b, though I have some paneled d&b, too.

I've been watching d&b sales on eBay for years. Ten years ago, amber was a really hard sell, but things have improved somewhat. I think the clear and amber pieces sell more readily than the solid amber ones.

13. Aquitaine

Nice! I was delighted to finally be able to put a name to the style D & B that it was!!! I think I'm old enough now to be able to let it go and the niece I have in mind's kids are old enough to not be breaking it!:cat: If she's not interested, guess I'll be looking to sell....but would rather see it stay in the 'family'.......

Pat P likes this.
  14. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

It's nice to be able to do that. Sadly, we don't have any younger relatives who are interested in the older things we have.

Draft saved Draft deleted