Damaged Early Crock

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Joe2007, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Got this in a group lot with an another early crock that didn't have any damage. Was wondering what I should do with it? Do you think anyone would pay a couple of bucks for it at a yard sale? Until then it will hang out in my basement since I don't just want to throw it in the garbage.

damaged crock 1.jpg damaged crock 2.jpg damaged crock 3.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Fill it with artificial or dried vegetation/ flowers and put it in the next yard sale cheap.

Joe2007, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Put some tall cooking utensils in it if you have them. But make sure that is safe to do if you plan on using the utensil. Might be better just for show.

Joe2007, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I have used a damaged crock (up side down) for years as a "riser/pedestal " for one of my potted plants in my yard. Needed some extra height..and it looks so nice. PS--has lasted for a few years, I really thought it would not survive the elements !!!

dgbjwc and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted