Dark Grey blue hue pearl necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by billyd3us, Oct 20, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I am finally going to take some of my finer jewelry to the swap meet because when it rains it pours, yeah my frikin washing machine burnt up, my cars transmission just broke so my good friend is taking me in her truck tomorrow. I want to know if this necklace qualifies as fine. I have had it for a while now, feels like real pearls against my teeth but the shapes are weird, I have never seen before. Anyone have an idea on what kind of necklace this is ?

Thank You

Billy D. AKA tired Billy 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

dyed black coral........?
    those don't look like pearls to me..............but ???

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Look up 'circle pearls' & be aware that any black pearls you acquired at little cost are unlikely to be Tahitian, just dyed. These are particularly 'baroque'. The clasp parts do not look good quality. I would not consider this fine jewellery, but some people would just because the pearls are not artificial. At least it has been knotted, that's a plus.

4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Billy. Google Black Baroque pearls and you will come up with lots to compare. Some are worth big bucks. I would hold it back, and have it checked out by a jeweler before I took it to a swap meet.

5. billyd3us

Awesome " Bdigger" Thanks for letting me know this. I will hold back and not take to swap meet. Have a good weekend and be safe...

Pat P likes this.
  6. billyd3us

Thanks komokwa and bronwen. I am so glad I am part of this forum, everybody here is so cool and nice. I wish we could all get together once a month and all talk about our findings, life etc. Everyone have a good weekend and be safe...

Figtree3, judy, Any Jewelry and 7 others like this.
  7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Getting together would be cool. Think of the "show and tell" we could do in person. :)

judy, Any Jewelry, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you have a great weekend...and be profitable.!

judy, Any Jewelry, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Those pearls are lower quality dyed Chinese freshwater. The costume clasp looks original, a dead giveaway if ever there was.

Bronwen, Houseful, judy and 2 others like this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I agree with evelyb, the clasp is not quality and would not have been used on better quality pearls.

Bronwen, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Sorry to say, it doesn't qualify as fine. It is nowhere near Tahitian quality, and no need to take it to a jeweler.
    I agree with evelyb and cluttered, a pretty run of the mill cultured pearl necklace. As Bronwen said, knotted is a plus, but not enough to make it valuable.

Draft saved Draft deleted