DASCO? is this a pottery and porcelain company?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Phaik Hooi, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

dear all

i have been trying to get some information about this tea cup mark but nothing similar on the net. does anyone recognise the mark?

when i googled DASCO, it appears to be hardware company? wondering if it was a special gift set or something like that. these belonged to my grandparents. my grandfather worked at Sime Darby in the 1930s-1950s.

tq
    regards
    phaik hooi

Attached Files:

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Phaik Hooi - welcome to the board. I think there are some missing letters under DASCO which, if filled in, would spell out Made in Japan. I would guess that DASCO was an importing firm that bought products from an assortment of Japanese companies. Many of these importing firms were short-lived and information on them is hard to find.
    Don

judy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

dear dgbjwc
    missing letters! that makes so much sense to me now :) thank you!
    regards
    phaik hooi

judy and dgbjwc like this.
  4. thle

thle New Member

I have an oval plate with the same flowers pattern

Attached Files:

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Hi thle and welcome! Does yours also say Dasco? This is an older thread so I'm not sure if the person with the other item will see your post or not. Your flowers look a bit different to me, almost like roses but a bit hard to see. I tried to expand (actually distorted it a bit) the original cup so maybe you can see the pattern better.

upload_2020-7-9_11-18-19.png

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted