Date of old Pendleton fabric / yardage

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Vintage Mary, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Vintage Mary

Vintage Mary New Member

I’ve had this for probably 30 years. Even though the edges are unfinished, I’ve used it as a bed cover for a queen size, and it hangs over the edge.
    From the colors, I’m guessing it’s late 1950s or early 1960s. What do you think?
    Also, what kind of price would you put on it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    judy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. Vintage Mary

Vintage Mary New Member

Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I usually think of flannel for Pendleton, but this looks thinner, more like some kind of "homespun" cotton?

And no offense, but it looks filthy. Or are all those darker spots part of the weave on the tan/beige line?

judy likes this.
  5. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

It appears to be the lightweight wool fabric that Pendleton used for shirts and women's jackets in the 1950s.

You could search the web, or eBay Sold Listings, for "vintage Pendleton plaid fabric" to see what comparable pieces have sold for recently.

Figtree3, cxgirl, judy and 3 others like this.
  6. Vintage Mary

Vintage Mary New Member

No offense taken! Those are beige stripes, but if it looks dirty that’s good to know. A light wash? Or dry cleaning? (I don’t remember my mom ever dry cleaning her Pendleton jacket...)

7. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

If the specks are part of the original, I wouldn't worry about washing so much as ways to make it photograph more attractively -- maybe a contrasting (or just darker) background color.

And, if possible photograph outside... (and to the peanut gallery, yes yes I know not everyone lives in a snow free zone -- I said "if possible" :joyful:)...

cxgirl, Vintage Mary and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted