Date of Orrefors Vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Thrifster, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

This is a Orrefors Optic Vase I purchased at the thrift store. It measures about 3" in height x 3" in width on the top rim and about 1 1/8 inches in width on the bottom. It is signed "Orrefors" on the bottom but there is no other info like a number etched. I've seen others that were like this one or similar with numbers. Can anyone tell me when this Orrefors vase or votive was made? Thanks in advance for any info!
    HPIM2716.JPG HPIM2713.JPG HPIM2711.JPG HPIM2712.JPG HPIM2720.JPG HPIM2722.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Orrefors "windows" or "thousand windows" ?

Thick walled for such a tiny piece - nice :) @Thrifster

[​IMG]

7" Simon Gates - just guessing :)

3. Thrifster

Thanks scoutshouse! It's a good guess. The vase I have doesn't have separate window panels within it, it's ribbed inside. I saw 2 or 3 others like it and they were all described as ribbed or optic and they were listed as being circa 1930's so I was wondering the date and other details on this one.

4. scoutshouse

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  5. scoutshouse

I don't price 'em - just trying to date yours :) Those are old results, anyway.

Screenshot 2018-11-16 20.19.08.png

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  6. Thrifster

Thanks again scoutshouse.. Yes, the first 1 is one of the ones I had seen. It's not exacly the same but close. A few of the others below it are round, but close again. I did see another 2 that I think were the same almost, but a little different in size and circa 1930's. Yes, I always say it's worth what you can get for it, and the market is always changing.

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. scoutshouse

The one on the lower right is most like yours, but I think WITHOUT a number or a date mark and not being that pale blue, yours is likely earlier. Dating Orrefors... Here's what they wrote about it:

Screenshot 2018-11-16 20.28.39.png

8. Thrifster

Thanks for the info. Yes, I was reading up on Orrefors at that site earlier this evening but was not able to pinpoint a date for this vase. The blue vase you listed is close although, that vase is 10cm H x 9.5cm wide. The one I have is about 7.5cm height x 7.5cm width on top. I'll have to keep looking and researching. Thanks!

scoutshouse likes this.
  9. scoutshouse

I think your small one is a nice size - the walls look even more exaggerated.

At least you know who designed it - I do think likely it's older.

10. Thrifster

Thanks, yes I agree.

scoutshouse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted