Dating Meissen Dragon antique dinnerware set? Need info.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Anne Perryman, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Anne Perryman

Anne Perryman New Member

I'm told this is a Meissen design -- but not sure about the date. I have an entire set with many serving pieces. Would appreciate any info prior to listing on ebay.

Attached Files:

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Anne, can you click on "edit", go back and click on "Full Image"? Easier for folks to view. Thanks.

(Can't help with the set, but looks nice.)

3. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! According to the following website on Meissen marks, your mark appears to date from 1924 to 1934 - "blue crossed swords marked with dot between the blades."
    http://antique-marks.com/meissen-marks.html

Nowwww I'm not a porcelain guru, but do know the Meissen marks are some of the most faked today. Do look the site over carefully and wait for more knowledgeable folks to chime in. I couldn't find this particular Meissen dragon motif pattern on replacements.com. There are at least 2 dragon Meissen patterns on that site with one very similar but not identical. Their dragon patterns come in several color combinations. The dragon pattern names are: "Dragon" and "Ming Dragon." There may be others on replacements for Meissen, I just didn't look any further.
    http://www.replacements.com/china/mss.htm

--- Susan

dgbjwc and Lucille.b like this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Marks like this are shown in Rontgen as being 1924-34.

Lucille.b likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

6. adpinnyc

adpinnyc New Member

I can't find the EDIT command

7. adpinnyc

adpinnyc New Member

Thank you!

8. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

The edit option is at the very bottom of your original message, below the thumbnail pictures. Click "Edit" > click "More Options" button > scroll down to the bottom of the message to the thumbnails pictures, and click the "Full Image" button next to each thumbnail.

--- Susan

9. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

The EDIT command does disappear after a bit, I just forget how long it is available.

Draft saved Draft deleted