Featured David Hagerbaumer Watercolor Pheasant in Flight

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lithographer, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

Last week I made a post about a 1967 watercolor with a Duck in Flight, turns out the artist was David Hagerbaumer. I had been thinking since then, that a lot of times people buy these little paintings in pairs to display. Yesterday when I was coming home from coffee, I decided to stop back in the store. I found a second painting with the same framing and from the same store as the first one. This one is a Pheasant in Flight, looks like it might be about the same date. Signature is a little harder to see on this one. The size is the same and it is in excellent condition. Thought I would share my lucky find with folks. I also paid $2.00 for this one. IMG_1703.jpg IMG_1704.jpg IMG_1705.jpg IMG_1706.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    BoudiccaJones, bluumz, dude and 8 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You are so clever!

Debora

dude likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

BUT, it STILL SURE is the SAME artist!!!!!! Beautiful!! The signature's there to see!!!!! And now you have the pair!!! Wonderful!!!:happy::happy::happy:

dude likes this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I've had that happen to me...I bought a silver set - coffee pot, tea pot creamer and sugar - at a thrift. Three weeks later I stopped in and there was the tray :)

dude likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted